Wednesday 9 June 2021

What people reproach you for, cultivate (9th June 1997)

What people reproach you for, cultivate. They're jealous, of my riches. I am powerful, secure, safe in my black fortress. 
I've got my quiet intelligence. Abuse is the best thing, because it sparks your spark of originality into life. It makes you see what valuable riches you have got. Makes you cultivate your riches more, and get more out of them. They've got no inner riches, so throw abuse is all they can do. 
I like pushing the edges of the pocket; pushing people to the edge. I get what I want from them, bouncers which I can leave alone, with relief. I manipulate them into hostility which leaves me untouched. But I have to remain alert all the time, lest someone creeps up on me unawares and is nice to me, then I am beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment