Sunday 3 January 2021

If your brain is damaged at birth therapy can help make your life more bearable (3rd Jan 1997)

If your brain is damaged at birth, therapy can help make your life more bearable, you can share your thoughts with someone; but it cannot turn you into a normal social person. If the therapist sets you impossible tasks, it will just make you more depressed. I am an evil genius. I can inflict punishment on anyone I choose. I am the smiling, ruthless Si-Fan leader. The evil genius behind the red revolutionary party of Western Europe. I have survived the conflagration of the war, the siege, the commune, the massacred of the “bloody week”, and now re-emerge into the new venal pleasures of Paris 1875. Thank God I’m still alive, by some miracle, free to enjoy the luxuries again; but very aware of the black period of suffering he had to go through, it is very close to him still, so easy to fall back into. But I survived, I’ve come through to enjoy some of the pleasures again, the way I never thought I could. You can’t hold back the tide of silence for long. The big project starts here: I’m more excited by my writing now than I’ve ever been.



No comments:

Post a Comment